The Weekly Messages are going to be posted weekly and we will discuss each week a chapter of a book of the Bible. We are going to start with the book of Ephesians and go chapter by chapter each week discussing this wonderful book. Provided is a breakdown of the first chapter by blocks of verses and some notes on each block of Scripture. Hopefully this will engage and deepen your study of God’s Word. Enjoy!
Paul is the author of this New Testament letter to the church in Ephesus.
- God has blessed those in Christ with every spiritual gift.
- “Heavenly realms”- this most likely is “heaven” where we will receive eternal life and blessings.
- To be chosen or predestined does not mean that there are those who will accept Christ but won’t be accepted because they weren’t chosen by God. Rather, all who come to Christ are chosen so that we can be “sons” of God through Christ.
- This is all because of God’s glorious grace and love.
- The result of all of this is holiness.
- These are all blessings that come through a relationship with Christ. We have forgiveness of sins.
- God made known the mystery. What is the mystery? The mystery is that heaven and earth will be gathered under one head, Christ.
- We were chosen so that we could be the praise of his glory.
- These are the blessings we have through the Spirit.
- We are included in Christ when we hear the gospel of Christ Jesus, believe it, and receive the Spirit.
- The Spirit is the promise of eternal life.
- Because of everything Paul has said, he has not stopped giving thanks for them.
- Paul asks for certain things for them.
- Spirit of wisdom
- Their heart is enlightened
- He asks for these things so they will know God better and know the hope, riches, and power of God through Christ.
- This power raised Christ from the dead and seated him at God’s right hand.
- The church is the fullness of Christ.